The Factory was created to bring together the best services and products for home and commercial building projects. We love the opportunity to collaborate on projects, helping builders, interior designers and homeowners achieve their design and build vision.
Three Factory companies recently completed a beautiful kitchen renovation in Upper Mission, Kelowna. Designed by Laura Cruse from V6B Design Group, “Transitional Contemporary” is an example of collaboration and excellence.
To design and build a contemporary kitchen with improved usability, understated storage and integrated appliances.
Design Challenges & Requirements
1. Wall hood range: Mounting it without 10″ long stainless tube to make it look built-in.
2. Island: Making it look like furniture with seating and hidden storage.
3. Walk-in pantry: Integrating it with overall design.
4. Balance: Creating storage space with integrated appliances.
5. Details: Ensuring white and dark components have matching and complimentary details.
The completed contemporary kitchen is fresh and bright. The solid wood kitchen cabinets feature recessed panel doors in white, while the contrasting island features raised panel doors in chocolate brown. Other details include:
– Large traditional island with sink and faucet by Baths by Design
– Elegant glass cabinet doors above a small wine fridge
– Touch latch cabinets on the back and side of the island for hidden storage
– Pantry door with same details as the white cabinets
– Fluted columns in both the white and dark cabinets
– Easy to open drawers on bottom cabinets
– High-end stainless steel appliances
– Granite countertops
– Solid hardwood floors by Scandinavian Hardwood Floors
– Lighting by Pine Lighting Kelowna
+ For additional photos, visit our Photo Album on Facebook